Before I go down to the only bar left in North SC…I ought to provide the information and updates due to my beloved readers. Whenever I go out locally…I am flooded with questions about the property that used to be Zona’s…a constantly failing and money-hemorrhaging Italian restaurant/bar which [as predicted]…is no more as of recently. This was mainly a bummer; not for me, or for the management who could’ve done 100 things to keep that joint on life-support for another quarter or two. It was a bummer for the brilliant chef, outstanding bar captain and bartender who worked there.
Hell…they even could’ve turned a profit if MGMT had been less obsessed with Web Security an more interested in Web Marketing.
Marketing period for that matter. The Captain is the best in the city by a wide margin, as is the cook. The barkeep is a youngster who worked his way up from washing dishes in the period of about one yr. We respect that around here, we respect all of them. What we do not respect is mismanagement, careless management, failure to MKT. and opportunities not taken…”nothing ventured nothing gained,” …yes this is cliche’ and a violation of AP style, but it is so apropos I must include it …think about that for a moment in your own life…then read the rest of my nonsense….
For some reason everyone thinks I have some sort of inside knowledge of what goes on at all these local businesses ….the truth is that I DO. How and why I have this knowledge is none of anyone’s concern but my own. Still I divulge facts here on this site and in person.
If you are reading this you are a regular reader so you are aware that:
- I do not dispel rumor.
- This is NOT a conspiracy theory-related site nor is this writer a conspiracy theorist
- This writer is a reporter/investigator/commentator who abides by an ethical code
Fact: Zona’s was liquidated recently because they were, as stated, hemorrhaging $.
Fact: A “family business” showed interest in turning the property into a “family oriented restaurant.”
Fact: That deal fell through.
Fact: Salespersons working for the owner of the property were showing it daily to potential buyers, renters and leasers.
Fact: This sign was posted to the front door a few nights ago (click the image to rotate & read):
I haven’t dialed the number yet but you can read it clearly. I WILL be calling that number if the sign is still posted and making an inquiry on behalf of the people of south OC who want to know. That’s one of the things I do. You know that … which leads me to the next part of the discussion.
There are two teams which interest me and I will discuss the teams and games briefly…for detail…goto ESPN.com like everyone else, you know how to use a Web browser.
- I just want to give my take, make a few picks and move on.
- Team one. The Kansas State University at Wichita. I like this team because they blew out Big K (not Kentucky…Kansas and it’s weird bird thing) “Shockers” have something to do with corn as the logo and mascot imply (in Kansas; EVERYTHING has SOMETHING to do with CORN; one look at the State in person will tell you that)… to the West Coast, “The Shocker” is a half-joke sexual move…”Two in the pink and one in the stink,” or… “Two in the Mound; One in the Brown,” get it stupid? You can make up your own and yell them out tonight as The Shockers take on The Catholic Church…I mean #3 seed Notre Dame at 4:20 Western Time. Pictured: two “Shockers” The standard (as quoted above and the advanced version): pic seen at left is a “reverse shocker” – pro’s only.
In The Big Dance…there exists one and only one Cinderella Story: The University of California at Los Angeles; commonly known as UCLA. This writer will be rooting for them when they take on #2 seeded Gonzaga. UCLA entered the tourney as an 11-seed, barely making it past SMU or SMC or whatever you call them on a goal-tend call that pretty much pissed everyone off. In classic all-class fashion, the Cinderella team proved they deserved to be there by trashing the University of Alabama (not the “Crimson Tide”-Birmingham….yes Birmingham…let’s not get OT). by vente puntos maricohn…or by “20 points, bitch!!!” UCLA is the lowest seeded team still at The Dance. I root for them because my family has close ties; in fact my father, grandfather and myself all attended classes AND served UCLA in one form or another throughout our careers…again I don’t want to get to OT. So…
- North Carolina is going to the Final Four
- The Shockers by 3.5 tonite
- Xavier to upset AZ by 2.5 but lose to NC by 6.5 (as above)
- UCLA takes out Gonzaga in the final minutes by 1.5
- UCLA v. Duke..tossup with Duke a HEAVY favorite; what will become of Cinderella? IDK
- OK will create destruction and slide into the Final Four no problemo
- Shockers to lose to BIG K (Kentucky) by 6.5
- K still my pick to win it all
I got a notification on my new-fangled LG3 that two YT channels I subscribe to made important updates; this is not the best work I’ve seen from these artists; but overall they are the s#!t and get plug-love nonetheless. Check out other episodes and uploads from these artists and stations…some are found elsewhere on THIS site. you will never be disappointed by Mondo Media or MelodySheep:
*Our featured image today is one of full moon taken with my LG3 camera-phone err…phone-camera-mp3player…thingy. I just think it came out looking cool-randomly. It has nothing other than minor artistic relevancy; none to the post itself. Apologies.