From a recent FB post by me….it got long and I haven’t really been able to get much work done at all due to personal, health and technical problems….but here’s some some of that sweet sweet info….
“Ill let you in…if you like my group on……faaaaaacebooooook….” from “Let me in” by the great Marc M.
- 1. more of my web-content to post as audio…like a hybrid blog/podcast…I got a sweet recording device at radio shack …going out of business fire sale 80 bucks for the gadget I wanted….the only better model has a a bigger SD card (which I have) and includes an FM radio….who the f— needs FM radio? Anyway its $300 less than usual…if i didn’t buy it the liquidator will take it for $5-maybe. had to buy it.
- 2. finally created a multi-track recording (you know…like a vocal track laid down w/ headphones on to keep time but record my voice/instrument only?) Always thought the second track would need to hit the downbeat or the post at the exact same time….nope. Only needs to-be IN-TIME. time_shift(); is so sweet…it’s all relative man…..
- 3. if you haven’t already….some of you will get a note about a special project I’m working on in a PM.
- 4. Got Approved as an author on answers.com now too
(lots of traffic, but the more I get into web design the less proud I am of the quality of what it claims to do—–answer questions….I’d like to write some decent stuff, cuz all the other “writers” submit hacky formulaic, SEO blog bull— like “10 Things you NEED TO KNOW about the new iPOD” —(starting a sentence with a number is horrid grammar and violates AP Style…but it seems to jive with search-crawlers so EVERY POST we have looks like this; (we even have a template: degrading the English language may be the only thing I find offensive)….”8 Movies you haven’t..” … “5 crucial steps….” “20 must-haves….”
- This is just shenanigans so my first article may attack EVERY SINGLE OTHER AUTHOR on grounds LCD, copycat, subhuman, drooling moron web authoring.
- feel free to submit a story idea…even a story..ill publish it and give full credit.
- Considering: “Twenty Ways I can tell your work is designed to be indexed and ranked by machines-not read by human beings.
- Also have:
- Thirty LinkedIn Profiles that are programs not real people OR…
- Three countries that do not belong on the World Wide Web.
- Five critical security holes in Google Products. would be fun… but there is a potential to create harm there and it breaks my ethical code.
…I also found a SJ Merc article that I haven’t read because someone is alleged to have embezzled (which I think means “skim” who cares, right? little off the top never hurt anybody not really news ….to The Merc it’s news cuz the guy is a BAR Member practicing in the SJ-area….it’s VERY NEWSWORTHY TO A VET/FRIEND/FAN/SUPPORTER of West Coast Drum Corps and probably well-known to all corps types worldwide cuz this was …….a soloist ….who made a….you know…that one finals show we ALWAYS watch at big get-togethers….usually for the people who have NEVER SEEN IT? (and to make the people who get creeped out by it…like me….get creeped out – because of shared sadism I suppose?)
I usually can’t watch or listen because I find it disturbing. I won’t print the corps name or the yr cuz you KNOW. You may be one of the people who gets a kick out of the [incident] and watching everyone squirm and cringe (you sick sick animal!) So this anonymous individual was in the Merc …I was always told he was never heard from or seen again. Not going to link to it….sorry…way too much info posted
So this POS weblog began as a gift from a generous family member and was designed and built using an iPod Touch 4th gen. (A gift so wonderfully bestowed by my loving mother to while away the bedridden hours in and out of the hospital on youtube and FB ….youtube for fun and FB to reduce the phone calls and well-placed-well-intentioned-but-also-overwhelming amount of calls I needed to field as so many fans, friends, colleagues and loved ones (rightly so…) reached fits of panic all 22x I went under the knife to repair my thrashed body (which pretty much works now..heheh). It was easier to put an update on blast: “Back from OR…not dead…cranked full of demerol and ativan…feelin nice, surgery was a success, often accompanied by a photo of my leg or arm next to that day’s LA Times as proof of life. Better than fielding 50 phone calls, to which had it continued, my surgeon would’ve ripped the phone out of the wall as stress–> HBP—>panic—>return to ICU—> surgery failure or even cardiac arrest or seizure. If you think Dr. Wilkins would allow friends or even family to even move my stress level up one iota with his experimental right leg on the line …then you don’t know how hardcore Dr. Dub is about his patients and his creations.
So the iPod was great and kept me sane for a long time … it just was no good for Web Design, or Web Editing, which I do over on a great site called www.answers.com.
On this site I am pleased to have started as a Contributor, quickly promoted to Editor-at-Large and recently promoted again to Supervising Editor and am now the Resident Journalism Expert. A humble honor. I am far better at improving other people’s words than writing original ones of my own, so to my 1800 dear readers I thank you for hanging in there with me (see WIPs entry and feel free to rqst topics in the comments…I live to write for you, dear reader-no topic is off-limits and if there is something you wish to know more about, I’m happy to provide).
To provide better content for you and better service to Answers.com, I bought a Chromebook and it worked until the charger and relay took a shit, to which [again…] blogs and repair shops alike said “$100-$200 to solder the relay and btw, it will take four weeks to fix”
Smelled bullshit and it was…the one true thing is that the Samsung Chromebook is built with a flimsy and weak adapter that slides into an equally fragile and tiny relay in order to derive current and charge the battery much in the way an impotent asian man would try to fuck his virgin and equivalently asian bride on their wedding night…not exactly a strong connection. What? You got a non-racist metaphor have at it….THEY BUILT THAT POS!
Ok so I fixed it once, but when it happened again I decided the following things will no longer hold back this Web site, or my Web editing or my ability to get online and do my thing:
1. Macintosh and their faggy updating OBS hustle to force/con/scam/arm-twist customers into upgrades (needed or perceived-as)
2. “Netbooks” that only run http….such a waste and so much you can’t do (or can but it’s made complicated by needing every damn procedure or function to happen w/in a Web browser).
Today (unbelievably) thx to the most scandalous vendor location of the most scandalous vendor site known to the Web : Craigslist Orange County (Where 60 percent of goods are stolen, 70 percent are methamphetamine abusers and 10-30 percent are OCSD tracking stolen property, setting up stings and busting people who jack everything from tools to bikes to tablets to (use your imagination for other crimes infesting this little meth-head corner of Craigslist…) I DID FIND, a local who is about to upgrade his laptop, doesn’t need the one I’m now posting on, it is NOT STOLEN and he gave me a VERY FAIR price. It’s an Acer Aspire, plenty of Ghz and RAM and Gigs…Windows 7, and everything I need to keep bring you the bullshit you love.
This sweet laptop could be collecting dust in some guy’s garage…instead it is helping me bring you all the best in writing, stories, idiocy, social criticism, research, news…and [likely] for it’s first time…it now gets to say things like “cunt” “nigger” or “AIDS” in public.
God Bless The 1st Amendment and God Bless Free Market Capitalism. Fag.
Much love to my favorite reader-you, -Tap.