From a recent FB post by me….it got long and I haven’t really been able to get much work done at all due to personal, health and technical problems….but here’s some some of that sweet sweet info….
“Ill let you in…if you like my group on……faaaaaacebooooook….” from “Let me in” by the great Marc M.
- 1. more of my web-content to post as audio…like a hybrid blog/podcast…I got a sweet recording device at radio shack …going out of business fire sale 80 bucks for the gadget I wanted….the only better model has a a bigger SD card (which I have) and includes an FM radio….who the f— needs FM radio? Anyway its $300 less than usual…if i didn’t buy it the liquidator will take it for $5-maybe. had to buy it.
- 2. finally created a multi-track recording (you know…like a vocal track laid down w/ headphones on to keep time but record my voice/instrument only?) Always thought the second track would need to hit the downbeat or the post at the exact same time….nope. Only needs to-be IN-TIME. time_shift(); is so sweet…it’s all relative man…..
- 3. if you haven’t already….some of you will get a note about a special project I’m working on in a PM.
- 4. Got Approved as an author on answers.com now too
(lots of traffic, but the more I get into web design the less proud I am of the quality of what it claims to do—–answer questions….I’d like to write some decent stuff, cuz all the other “writers” submit hacky formulaic, SEO blog bull— like “10 Things you NEED TO KNOW about the new iPOD” —(starting a sentence with a number is horrid grammar and violates AP Style…but it seems to jive with search-crawlers so EVERY POST we have looks like this; (we even have a template: degrading the English language may be the only thing I find offensive)….”8 Movies you haven’t..” … “5 crucial steps….” “20 must-haves….”
- This is just shenanigans so my first article may attack EVERY SINGLE OTHER AUTHOR on grounds LCD, copycat, subhuman, drooling moron web authoring.
- feel free to submit a story idea…even a story..ill publish it and give full credit.
- Considering: “Twenty Ways I can tell your work is designed to be indexed and ranked by machines-not read by human beings.
- Also have:
- Thirty LinkedIn Profiles that are programs not real people OR…
- Three countries that do not belong on the World Wide Web.
- Five critical security holes in Google Products. would be fun… but there is a potential to create harm there and it breaks my ethical code.
…I also found a SJ Merc article that I haven’t read because someone is alleged to have embezzled (which I think means “skim” who cares, right? little off the top never hurt anybody not really news ….to The Merc it’s news cuz the guy is a BAR Member practicing in the SJ-area….it’s VERY NEWSWORTHY TO A VET/FRIEND/FAN/SUPPORTER of West Coast Drum Corps and probably well-known to all corps types worldwide cuz this was …….a soloist ….who made a….you know…that one finals show we ALWAYS watch at big get-togethers….usually for the people who have NEVER SEEN IT? (and to make the people who get creeped out by it…like me….get creeped out – because of shared sadism I suppose?)
I usually can’t watch or listen because I find it disturbing. I won’t print the corps name or the yr cuz you KNOW. You may be one of the people who gets a kick out of the [incident] and watching everyone squirm and cringe (you sick sick animal!) So this anonymous individual was in the Merc …I was always told he was never heard from or seen again. Not going to link to it….sorry…way too much info posted